Welcome Everyone , Cesarina , Adan , Brenda , Sara , Carolina , Patricia , Nathalie , Alicia , Gaby , Xenia , Grecia , Maria Luz , Cindy . Luis .
Questions of the history of El Salvador
1. What was the name of the official currency of El Salvador?
The colón was the official currency of El Salvador from 1892 to 2001.
2. What is meaning Cuzcatlán?
It means the place of precious diamonds and jewels.
3. Why was reduced by 80% the indigenous population in 1520?
Because of the smallpox epidemic that affeced the Mesoamerican area.
4. What are the ruins left by the Maya Civilization that inhabited in El Salvador?
Mayan Civilization left ruins such as those at Tazumal, Joya De Ceren, San Andres, Casa Blanca, Cihuatan, and Chalchuapa.
5. How many movements of insurrection occurred before the signing of Deed of independence?
Insurrection were two movements, the first was the november 5, 1811 and the second was in 1814.
6. What countries formed the Federal Republic of Central America?
Comprising current territories of Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica and the Mexican state of Chiapas.
7. What year was dissolved the Feral Republic of Central America?
8. Who was Atlacatl?
According to tradition was a warlord who led the indigenous people in the battles againts the Spanish.
9. When was created the rural police force?
In 1912, formed by members of the national guard.
10. What date were signed peace agreements?
On january 1916, 1992.
Excelent Xenia , very good understanding .
Dont stop please . Teacher .
QUESTIONS ABOUT “THE HISTORY OF EL SALVADOR”
1. Which was the oficial currency of El Salvador?
R/ The colon. The colon was the oficial currency of El Salvador from 1892 to 2001, when in 2001 it adopted the U.S Dollar.
2. What’s it the meaning of Cuzcatlán?
R/ Cuzcatlán which means “The place of precious diamonds and jewels”.
3. Which are the ruins that has left the Maya civilization?
R/ The maya civilization which inhabited El Salvador has left ruins such as those: TAZUMAL, JOYA DE CEREN, SAN ANDRES, CASA BLANCA, CIHUATAN and CHALCHUAPA.
4. Who’s was conforming The Federal Republic of Central America?
R/ El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala and Honduras were conforming The Federal Republic of Central America in 1821 until in 1841 when it dissolved.
5. Which was the development, laws and suppression in the Salvadoran Oligarchy?
R/ The development of infrastructure were railroads and port facilities, the laws were the elimination of comunal landholdings to facilitate future coffee production, the passage of anti-vagrancy to ensure that displaced of peasant.
6. When did begin the Military Dictatorship?
R/ Began in 1931 with Gen. Maximiliano Hernández Martínez, who won three elections because he was the only candidate. He ruled from 1931 to 1944.
7. Which was the most notable event in 1932?
R/ The most notable event in 1932 was the Salvadoran peasant uprising, when tens of thousands of peasant were slaughtered on the orders of President Martinez. It was later referred to as “LA MATANZA” (the massacre).
8. Which were the two political parties in 1960?
R/ The Christian Democratic Party (PDC) and The Nacional Conciliation Party (PCN), these political parties are still active in El Salvadoran politics.
9. What was the purpose of the Revolutionary Government Junta of El Salvador?
R/ The purpose of the revolutionary Government Junta of El Salvador were the agrarian reform, better wages, accesible health care and freedom of expression.
10. Who’s organized The Guerrilla Movement?
R/ 1. MERS (Revolutionary Movement of Secondary Students)
2. AGEUS (Association of Salvadoran College Students)
3. BPR (Popular Revolutionary Block)
By: Brenda granados, Intermediate 5.
Hi Brenda , you are relatively new in my class , I congratulate a lot for your excelent language acquisition . See you on Saturday .
1- WHAT WAS THE OFFICIAL CURRENCY OF EL SALVADOR FROM 1892-2001?
A/ IT WAS THE COLON
2. WHEN IS IT COMMONLY USED THE “CUZCATLECO”?
A/ IT IS IDENTIFY SOMEONE OF SALVADORAN
3. WHO DISCOVERED JIQUILISCO BAY?
A/ ON MAY 31, 1522
4. WHICH ONES WERE THE MOST IMPORTAN INTERNAL FACTORS THAT MOTIVED CENTRAL AMERICA”S INDEPENDENCE FROM THE SPAIN CROWN?
A/ WERE THE DESIRE OF LOCAL ELITES TO CONTROL THE COUNTRY’S AFFAIRS FREE OF INVOLVEMENT FROM SPANISH AUTHORITIES, AN THE CREOLE’S LONG – STANDING ASPIRATION FOR INDEPENDENCE.
5. WHEN WAS THE ECONOMY BASED ON COFFEE GROWING?
A/ AFTER THE MID -19TH CENTURY
6. WHEN WAS THE NATIONAL GUARD CREATED?
A/ IN 1912 THE NATIONAL GUARD WAS MCRATED AS A RURAL POLICE FORCE.
7. WHO DID ORGANIZE A COUP D’E’TAT IN DECEMBER OF 1931?
A/ BY JUNIOR OFFICCERS AND LED BY GENERAL MARTINEZ
8. WHO DID FOUND THE COMMUNIST PARTY OF CENTRAL AMERICA?
A/ REVOLUTIONARY LEADER FARABUNDO MARTI
9. WHO WAS THE MAYOR OF SAN SALVADOR FROM 1964 TO 1970?
A/ JOSE NAPOLEON DUARTE FROM PDC WAS THE MAYOR OF SAN SALVADOR.
10. WHO DID DENOUNCE INJUSTICES AND MASACRES COMMITTED AGAINST CIVILIANS BY THE GOVERNMENT IN TURN?
A/ MONSIGNOR OSCAR ARNULFO ROMERO ARCHBISHOP OF SAN SALVADOR.
Great Job Maria Luz. keep it up .
Questions about the History of El Salvador
1-What period was the colón the official currency of El Salvador?
It was since 1892 to 2001.
2- What heritage left the Maya Civilization in El Salvador?
The Maya civilization which inhabited El Salvador has left ruins such as those at Tazumal, Joya de Ceren, San Andrés, Casa Blanca, Cihuatan and Chalchuapa.
3.- When was the first visit of Spaniards to El Salvador?
The first known visit by Spaniards to El Salvador was in 1522.
4.- When was the first Cry for Independence in San Salvador?
It was on November 5, 1811.
5.- Which countries were part of the Federal Republic of Central América and in what year it formed?
It was formed in 1821. The countries were El Salvador, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua.
6) what was the economy in El Salvador based on?
It was based on coffee and the indigo.
7.- What period was Maximiliano Hernández Martínez president of El Salvador?
He ruled from 1935 to 1939, then from 1939 to 1943.
8.- What happened when the Revolutionary Government Junta of El Salvador came to power in October 1979?
It nationalized many private companies and took over much privately owned land.
9.- When did come to power Alfredo Cristiani?
On Jenuary 16, 1992
10.- Who is the current president of El Salvador and when did he start?
He is Mauricio Funes and started on March 15, 2009 until date.
You amazed me , go ahead Patricia , you can go for more .
1-When was adopted the Dollar in el Salvador?
R/ In 2002.
2-What´s meaning Cuzcatlán?
R/ The Place of Precious diamons and Jewels.
3-Where disembarked Andrés Niño?
R/ Andrés Niño Disembarked in Meanguera Island.
4-Why the Acajutla´s Battle didn´t Completely Succesfull to Alvarado?
R/ because In Battle Alvarado Himself was struck by a sling shot to his thigh and fractures his femur
5-What Happened on 5 November 1811?
R/Salvadoran Priest José Matias Delgado rang the bells of Iglesia La Merced in San Salvador calling for insurrection.
6-When was killed the president Manuel Araujo?
Was killed in 1913.
7-What´s the most important success in 1932 ?
R/ In 1932 Salvadoran peasant uprising ,led by Farabundo Marti and Abel Cuenca,tens of thousands of peasents were slaughtered on the order of President Martinez.
8-Why was executed Monsignor Romero?
R/Archbishop Romero was a amazing man,valorous,denounced injustices and massacres committed against the civilians by the goberment in turn.He was the voice of the voiceless,was killed by death aquad in March 1980.
9-What was the recommend of Comission on the Truth for El Salvador?
R/Investigate serius acts of violence occurring since 1980and effects of the violence,and recommend methods of promoting national reconciliation.
10-Who wined the presidential elections in 2009?
R/ a journalist Mauricio Funes.
Thanks for your comment. Have a nice day!!!!
1- Because it reduced the indigenous population in 1520?
R/ due to the smallpox epidemic that affected the area.
2- Who led the expedition to Centralamerica and landing on the island of meanguera?
R/The spanish admiral Andres Niño.
3-The people of Atlaclat in the battle was led by?
4-Why Pedro de Alvarado left the war?
R/ For was wounded in the left thing that left him disabled for the rest of is life.
5- What did the spanish to extend the domain of the area?
R/ They ventured into natural harbors.
6- In that year he obtained the power to force Tomas Regalado?
R/ in 1898
7- On what date was corned Tomas Regalado?
R/ on july 11,1906 during the war with Guatemala.
8- In what year was Dr. Manuel Enrique Araujo Corned?
9- Jose Napoleon Duarte who was?
R/ he was mayor of san salvador in 1964 to 1972 the republic precident.
10- For whom is precidented the governmented of el salvador?
R/ Precident Alfredo Cristiani and the FMLN for the 5 comandate guerrilla group
Questions of the history of El Salvador.
1-Where did Andres Niño desembarked? It was Meanguera Island which he named Petronila in the Golf of Fonseca.
2 – Who were the first to conquered Cuscatlán? Pedro de Alvarado led the first incursion by Spanish forces their dominion to the nation of Cuscatlan El Salvador 1524.
3- That year saw the first cry of independence? Was 5th November 1811
4- Which was the mainstay of the economy of El Salvador? Was based on the cultivation of coffee is influenced exported huge profits
5- What year was murdered Manuel Enrique Araujo and why? Was killed in 1913, there were many hypotheses advanced for the political motive his murder.
6-which are the two political parties that emerged in 1960 and still active? Christian Democratic Party (PDC) national consolidation Party (PCN).
7- Who was the leader of the opposition Christian Democratic Party? Napoleon Jose Duarte was Mayor of San Salvador from 1964 to 1970 to win three elections.
8- What Mons. Romero communicated during your time and in that year he was murdered? Mons. Romero denouncing injustice and massacres committed against civilians by both the Governor in March 1980
9-When the civil war began in El Salvador? During the years of 1980 and ended in 1992.
10-Where were signed peace agreement and who was president during that time? President Alfredo Cristiani was signed in Chapultepec Castle Mexico representatives of the international comunitary
1. What is the meaning of “Cuscatlán”? It means The Place of Precious Diamonds and Jewels.
2. What did Andres Niño do? Led an expedition to Central America and disembarked on Meanguera Island.
3. Where are Tazumal Ruins located? In Santa Ana, El Salvador.
4. What happened in November 5th, 1811? The first cry of independence in San Salvador.
5. When was Tomas Regalado killed? In July 11th, 1906.
6. How was based the economy after the mid-19th century in El Salvador? It was based on coffee growing.
7. Who organized the coup d’état in December 1931? It was organized by Junior Officers and led by Gen. Martinez.
8. What did Monsignor Oscar Arnulfo Romero do? He denounced injustices and massacres committed against the civilians by the government in turn.
9. When was Monsignor Romero executed? In March 24th, 1980.
10. What happened in January 16th, 1992? The government of El Salvador and the FMLN signed the peace agreements in Chapultepec Castle in Mexico.
You have amazed me . great posting .
Will see you on Saturday .
Statements with in, on, at.
1- My sister gets up at 6:00 a.m.
2- I put the keys on the table
3- She lives in San Salvador
4- Daniel was at home last night
5- I see you on Monday
6- The shoes are in the box
7- We go to the beach on vacation
8- We can organize the party at night
9- My birthday is in June
10-The cat is on the roof
Sentences S. Past.
1- I studied Portuguese
2- Roxana won the crown
3- She ate the cake yesterday
4- He lived in San Miguel for 5 years
5- They did not go to the beach
6- She did not take lemonade
7- Did you like the party?
8- They were in London the last year
9- We learned to cook
10-You studied for the English test
Sentences Present Perfect
1- You have eaten a lot of cake at the party
2- I’ve seen that movie in my house
3- He has written a letter to his sister
4- I have not felt sick this day
5- She has not met her new nephew, yet
6- They have not slept all night to finish homework tomorrow
7- We have studied English for two years
8- I have been to England
9- She has made different models of dresses
10-We have studied to learn English
1- I live IN miami
2- I prefer to stay IN the hotel
3- I gotta go home IN 5 minutes
1- I study AT the university
2- can you come to my home AT this momente?
3- Is Roxana AT home?
1- look! there´s a dog ON the table
2- Put it ON the chair
3- I was ON tv las night
4- Planes fly ON the sky
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Google+ account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Twitter account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Facebook account.
( Log Out /
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.